Degree: PhD in BME, 2017 (Expected)
Advisor: Nenad Bursac
Research Project: Tissue engineering of cardiac muscle
- Jackman CP, Shadrin IY, Carlson AL, Bursac N. "Human Cardiac Tissue Engineering: From Pluripotent Stem Cells to Heart Repair" Curr Opin Chem Eng. 2015 Feb; 7:57-64.
- Bian W*, Jackman CP*, Bursac N. "Controlling the structural and functional anisotropy of engineered cardiac tissues" Biofabrication. 2014 Jun; 6(2):024109.
- Jackman C, Bursac N. "Hypertrophy of Neonatal Cardiomyocytes in 3D Engineered Cardiac Tissue Induced by Activation of mTOR Signaling" Circulation. 2015; 132: A18758. AHA Scientific Sessions; Orlando, FL.
- Madden L, Jackman C, Wang J, Karus W, Truskey G, and Bursac N. "Novel In Vitro Exercise Model of Engineered Human Skeletal Muscle." Tissue Engr Pt A. 2015; 21(S1):S46. TERMIS World Congress; Boston, MA.
- Jackman C, Bursac N. "Dynamic Culture Increases Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy and Contractile Force Generation in Engineered Cardiac Tissues." NCTERMS annual meeting; Durham, NC; 2014
- Jackman C, Bursac N. "Mechanical stretch induces cardiomyocyte alignment and functional electrical anisotropy in engineered cardiac muscle pathes". NCTERMS annual meeting; Winston-Salem, NC; 2013
- Jackman C, Burac N. "Growth and maturation of functional engineered cardiac tissues as contractile grafts to remuscularize the heart". Invited speaker at Duke Biomedical Engineering Annual Retreat; Wilmington, NC; 2015
- Jackman C, Bursac N. "Electrically Stimulated Heart Microbundles as a 3D Model of Neonatal to Adult Cardiac Cardiac Tissue Maturation". Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Annual Meeting; San Antonio, TX; 2014
- Jackman C, Zhang D, Bursac N. "Engineered Myocardial Tissue Patches with Functional Properties Comparable to Native Adult Ventricles". BMES Annual Meeting; Atlanta, GA; 2012
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, Award recipient (2013-2016)
- Duke BME Teaching Assistant Award, Honorable Mention (2015)
- Duke CBTE Kewaunee Poster Session Award (2015)
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, Honorable Mention (2012)