Degree: PhD in BME, 2015
Advisor: Jennifer L. West
Research Project: Integrated Approaches to Controlling Blood Vessel Assembly and Directionality in Poly(ethylene glycole) Diacrylate Hydrogels for Tissue Engineering Applications
- Saniya Ali, Jennifer E. Saik, Dan J. Gould, Mary E. Dickinson, and Jennifer L. West. Immobilization of cell-adhesive laminin peptides in degradable PEGDA hydrogels influences endothelial cell tubulogenesis. BioResearch Open Access. 2013, 2(4).
- Saniya Ali, Jonathan M. Kurie, and Jennifer L. West. Cancer-associated fibroblasts influence tumor angiogenesis and progression to cancer metastasis. [In preparation]
- Chih-Wei Hsu, Ross A. Poche, Saniya Ali, Jennifer E. Saik, Tegy J. Vadakkan, Jennifer L. West, and Mary E. Dickinson. Macrophage Contributes to Promote Stable Microvascularization of Engineered Tissue Constructs. [Submitted]
- Saniya Ali, Jennifer E. Saik, and Jennifer L. West. Presentation of cell-adhesive laminin peptides in degradable PEG hydrogels influences tubulogenesis. Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS) Conference, Houston, TX, December 12-15, 2011.
- Saniya Ali, Jennifer E. Saik, and Jennifer L. West. Influence of Cell-Adhesive Laminin Peptides on Tubulogenesis In vitro. Vasculata Conference, Atlanta, GA, August 3-6, 2011.
- Saniya Ali and Mike McShane. Finite Element Analysis of Micro-scale Luminescent Glucose Sensors Implanted in the Skin. COMSOL Multiphysics Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, October 8-10, 2009.
- Saniya Ali and Jennifer L. West. 3D Photolithographic Patterning of Proteins in Hydrogels for Fabrication of Gradient Biomaterials to Direct Cell & Vessel Growth. Society of Biomaterials Conference, Denver, CO, April 16-18, 2014.
- Saniya Ali, Jennifer E. Saik, Joseph C. Hoffman, and Jennifer L. West. Micropatterning of Proteins in Hydrogels via Two-Photon Laser Scanning Photolithography for Guided Vessel Growth. Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Conference, Atlanta, GA, October 24-27, 2012.
- Duke Biomedical Engineering Travel Award for Society of Biomaterials Conference (2014)
- Research work highlighted in Dateline Rice and in Medical Design Technology News (2013)
- Center for Biomolecular and Tissue Engineering NIH Fellowship, Duke University (2013)
- Rice Center for Engineering Leadership Fellowship, Rice University (2012)
- North American Vascular and Biology Organization Travel Award (2011)