We strongly support increasing the participation of students from underrepresented groups and students with disabilities in our program. Some useful resources specifically for students with disabilities may include:
- The Duke Student Disability Access Office (SDAO), which explores possible coverage and academic accommodations for current and prospective Duke Engineering undergraduate and graduate students.
- The Duke University Disability Management System website, which provides information for Duke Engineering visitors and guests with disabilities.
- The Request to be Considered for Reasonable Accommodations Form, for students with a disability that would like to receive consideration for accommodations.
- The Association on Higher Education and Disability, a professional membership organization for individuals involved in the development of policy and in the provision of quality services to meet the needs of persons with disabilities involved in all areas of higher education.
- The Institute for Accessible Science (IAS), an online site supported by funding from the National Institutes of Health, for developing and sharing knowledge and tools for accessible science.