Degree: PhD in BME, 2015
Advisor: Gabriel Lopez, Xuanhe Zhao
Research Project: Design and Development of Anti-fouling Urinary Catheter Utilizing Active Surface Deformation
- Brown MA, Zhang L, Levering VW, Wu JH, Satterwhite LL, Brian L, Freedman NJ. Human umbilical cord blood-derived endothelial cells reendothelialize vein grafts and prevent thrombosis. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2010 Nov, 30(11):2150-5. PMCID: PMC2959120
- Angelos MG, Brown MA, Satterwhite LL, Levering VW, Shaked NT, . Dynamic adhesion of umbilical cord blood endothelial progenitor cells under laminar shear stress. Biophysical Journal. 2010 Dec, 99(11):3545-54. PMCID: PMC2998604
- Levering VW, Wang Q, Shivapooja P, Zhao X, López GP, Soft robotic concepts in catheter design: an on-demand fouling‐release urinary catheter. Advance Healthcare Materials. 2014, 3(10):1588-96. PMCID: PMC4176551
- Levering VW, Cao C, Shivapooja P, Levinson H, Zhao X, López GP, Urinary catheter capable of repeated on-demand removal of infectious biofilms via active deformation, 2015, Biomaterials (accepted).
- Vrad W. Levering, Lisheng Zhang, Leigh Brian, Neil J. Freedman, and George A. Truskey, Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Endothelial Cells and Human Aortic Endothelial Cells Influence Re-endothelialization in Murine Vein Grafts. [Revisions underway, Submission Spring 2015].
- Howard C. Ray, Lisa L. Satterwhite, Derek D. Cyr, Vrad W. Levering, Crisitina E. Fernandez, Joseph E. Lucas, George A. Truskey, William M. Reichert, Novel Gene Expression Patterns of Endothelial Cell Networks Reveal Targets for New Progangiogenic Therapies. [In preparation for submittal to PLoS One).
- Devices and Methods for Active Biofouling Control (PCT) Application 210/8 (Formerly Duke Provisional #3720)
- Device for Rapid Repair of Body Conduits US 2011/0230951 A1
- Technical Presentation Grand Prize Winner - Triangle Research Competition; Durham, NC, USA (2014)
- Poster Presentation Winner - Tissue Engineering Annual Conference; Durham, NC, USA (2014)
- Triangle Area MRSEC Fellowship, Duke (2012)
- PhD Plus Enhancement Program - Committee Chair, Duke (2012)
- Center for Biomolecular and Tissue Engineering NIH Training Fellowship, Duke (2010-2012)
- Morthon H. Freidman Biomedical Engineering Fellowship Winner, Duke (2010)
- Biomedical Engineering Recruiting Co-Chair, Duke (2009-2010)
- Sabrosura Salsa Performance and Cuban Culture Group, Duke (2010)
- Duke Student Think Tank Founding Member, Duke (2009)
- Technical Presentation Grand Prize at Triangle Research Competition (2014)