Raluca Mihaela Gordan
Associate Professor in Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Associate Professor of Cell Biology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 2179 CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 684-9881
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2009
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Sloan Research Fellowship-Molecular Biology. Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. 2014
- CBB 561: Computational Sequence Biology
- CBB 591: Independent Study
- CBB 700: Internship
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 561: Computational Sequence Biology
- UPGEN 778D: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module IV
- UPGEN 778F: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module VI
In the News
- A Computer Scientist Investigating the Source Code of Life (Jan 13, 2021 | Duke Research Blog)
- Transcription Factors May Inadvertently Lock in DNA Mistakes (Oct 21, 2020)
- Five Science Faculty Win Sloan Fellowships (Feb 18, 2014)
- Mielko, Z; Zhang, Y; Sahay, H; Liu, Y; Schaich, MA; Schnable, B; Morrison, AM; Burdinski, D; Adar, S; Pufall, M; Van Houten, B; Gordân, R; Afek, A, UV irradiation remodels the specificity landscape of transcription factors., Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, vol 120 no. 11 (2023) [10.1073/pnas.2217422120] [abs].
- Sun, T; Ding, C-KC; Zhang, Y; Zhang, Y; Lin, C-C; Wu, J; Setayeshpour, Y; Coggins, S; Shepard, C; Macias, E; Kim, B; Zhou, P; Gordân, R; Chi, J-T, MESH1 knockdown triggers proliferation arrest through TAZ repression., Cell Death & Disease, vol 13 no. 3 (2022) [10.1038/s41419-022-04663-6] [abs].
- Zhao, J; Martin, V; Gordân, R, Transcription Factor-Centric Approach to Identify Non-recurring Putative Regulatory Drivers in Cancer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol 13278 LNBI (2022), pp. 36-51 [10.1007/978-3-031-04749-7_3] [abs].
- Barrera, J; Song, L; Gamache, JE; Garrett, ME; Safi, A; Yun, Y; Premasinghe, I; Sprague, D; Chipman, D; Li, J; Fradin, H; Soldano, K; Gordân, R; Ashley-Koch, AE; Crawford, GE; Chiba-Falek, O, Sex dependent glial-specific changes in the chromatin accessibility landscape in late-onset Alzheimer's disease brains., Molecular Neurodegeneration, vol 16 no. 1 (2021) [10.1186/s13024-021-00481-0] [abs].
- Zhang, Y; Ho, TD; Buchler, NE; Gordân, R, Competition for DNA binding between paralogous transcription factors determines their genomic occupancy and regulatory functions., Genome Res, vol 31 no. 7 (2021), pp. 1216-1229 [10.1101/gr.275145.120] [abs].