Degree: PhD in BME, 2016 (Expected)
Advisor: George Truskey
Research Project: Modeling the effect of inflammation upon drug-induced toxicity with an in vitro microphysiological system
- B.N.J. Davis, J. Santoso, M. Walker, T. Koves, W. Kraus, G. Truskey. 2016. Human Engineered Skeletal Muscle Platform to Detect Mitochondrial Drug-Induced Toxicity. Biotechnology and Bioengineering. (Submitted).
- M. Kondash, B.N.J. Davis, G. Truskey. 2016. Biological Considerations for the Design of Three-Dimensional Engineered Skeletal Muscle. Engineering 3D Tissue Test Systems. K.J.L. Burg, D. Dreau and T. Burg. Boca Raton, FL, CRC Press (In Press).
- C. Cheng, B.N.J. Davis, L. Madden, N. Bursac, G. Truskey. 2014. Physiology and Metabolism of Tissue-Engineered Skeletal Muscle. Experimental Biology and Medicine. 239: 1203-1214.
- Biomedical Engineering Society – Poster Presentation. Tampa, Florida. 2015. “Development of a Real-time Oxygen Tension Measurement System to Accurately Measure Cellular Energy Production via Oxygen Consumption Rates of Engineered, Human Skeletal Muscle Bundles.” October 8.
- CBTE Kewaunee Symposium – Poster Presentation. Durham, North Carolina. 2015. “Human Skeletal Muscle Bundle Oxygen Uptake during Perfusion.” April 9.
- Biomedical Engineering Society – Poster Presentation. San Antonio, Texas. 2014. “Human Skeletal Muscle Bundle Model and Perfusion System.” October 24.
- CBTE Kewaunee Symposium – Poster Presentation. Durham, North Carolina. 2014. “Human Skeletal Muscle Bundle Oxygen Uptake during Perfusion.” March 20.
- NCTERMS Annual Meeting – Poster Presentation. Winston-Salem, North Carolina. 2013. “Human Skeletal Muscle Bundle Model and Perfusion System.” October 28.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers – Technical Paper Presentation. Anaheim, California. 2011. “Lymphocyte Migration Induced by a Quantifiable Chemokine Gradient in a 3D Collagen Matrix.” October 28.
- Graduate Research Fellowship, NSF
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Mentoring, Duke
- Research and Innovation Fellowship, NSF/USAID