Degree: PhD in BME, 2014
Advisor: George Truskey, Bill Kraus
Research Project: Role of MicroRNAs in Human Skeletal Muscle Tissue Engineering In Vitro
- Cheng CS, Davis BN, Madden L, Bursac N, . Physiology and metabolism of tissue-engineered skeletal muscle. Experimental Biology and Medicine (Maywood, N.J.). 2014 Sep;239(9):1203-14. PMCID: PMC4156521.
- Cheng CS, El-Abd Y, Bui K, Hyun YE, Hughes RH, Kraus WE, . Conditions that promote primary human skeletal myoblast culture and muscle differentiation in vitro. American Journal of Physiology. Cell Physiology. 2014 Feb;306(4):C385-95. PMCID: PMC3919982.
- Rhim C, Cheng CS, Kraus WE, . Effect of microRNA modulation on bioartificial muscle function. Tissue Engineering. Part A. 2010 Dec;16(12):3589-97. PMCID: PMC2991195.
- Brown MA, Cheng CS, and Truskey GA. Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Vascular Repair. Stem Cell Engineering: Principles and Applications. 2011, pp 297-320.
- BMES 2007: "Use of Fibrin-Based Gels in Tissue-Engineered Skeletal Muscle"
- Kewaunee 2010: "The effects of cyclic mechanical stimulation on 3D tissue-engineered skeletal muscle"
- NCTERMS 2010: "Comparison of C2C12 Myoblast Line & Primary Human Skeletal Myoblasts for Muscle Tissue-ENgineering"
- Kewaunee 2011/Synthetic Biology Symposium 2011: "Physiologic & Genetic Comparison between Primary and Human Skeletal Myoblasts & the C2C12 Cell Line"
- BMES 2008: "Three-Dimensional Construct for Tissue-Engineered Skeletal Muscle"
- BMES 2010: "Comparison of C2C12 Myoblast Line & Primary Human Skeletal Myoblasts for Muscle TIssue-Engineering"
- Duke University BME Retreat 2011: "Potental of Human Muscle for Applications in Regenerative Medicine"
- BMES 2011: "Physiologic & Genetic Comparison between Primary Human Skeletal Myoblasts & the C2C12 Cell Line"
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Dept. of BME, Duke University (2010)
- CBTE Fellow, Duke University (2008-2010)
- NIH Predoctoral Training Grant, Duke University (2008-2010)
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Honorable Mention (2009)
- $350 Student Travel Award for BMES Conference in St. Louis, MO (2008)