Professor in Surgery
Synthetic Virology & Gene Therapy
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Surgery
- Director of Gene Therapy
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2004
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Duke Companies and Faculty Share Ideas with Investors at Triangle Venture Day (Sep 15, 2023 | Duke Today)
- Gene Therapy for Heart Attacks in Mice Just Got More Precise (Dec 13, 2022)
- Asokan, A, AAV vector immunotoxicity: Stopping the domino effect., Molecular Therapy : the Journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy (2023) [10.1016/j.ymthe.2023.11.016] [abs].
- Gonzalez, TJ; Mitchell-Dick, A; Blondel, LO; Fanous, MM; Hull, JA; Oh, DK; Moller-Tank, S; Castellanos Rivera, RM; Piedrahita, JA; Asokan, A, Structure-guided AAV capsid evolution strategies for enhanced CNS gene delivery., Nat Protoc, vol 18 no. 11 (2023), pp. 3413-3459 [10.1038/s41596-023-00875-y] [abs].
- Asokan, A; Shen, S, Redirecting AAV vectors to extrahepatic tissues., Molecular Therapy : the Journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy (2023) [10.1016/j.ymthe.2023.10.005] [abs].
- Gao, Q; Kahan, R; Gonzalez, TJ; Zhang, M; Alderete, IS; DeLaura, I; Kesseli, SJ; Song, M; Asokan, A; Barbas, AS; Hartwig, MG, Gene delivery followed by ex vivo lung perfusion using an adeno-associated viral vector in a rodent lung transplant model., The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (2023) [10.1016/j.jtcvs.2023.08.047] [abs].
- Konkimalla, A; Elmore, Z; Konishi, S; Macadlo, L; Katsura, H; Tata, A; Asokan, A; Tata, PR, Efficient Adeno-associated Virus-mediated Transgenesis in Alveolar Stem Cells and Associated Niches., Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol, vol 69 no. 3 (2023), pp. 255-265 [10.1165/rcmb.2022-0424MA] [abs].