Paul Ruffin Scarborough Associate Professor of Engineering
Dr. You's research interest focus on computational systems biology & synthetic biology, including mathematical modeling of cellular networks; mechanisms of information processing by gene networks; design, modeling and construction of robust gene networks for applications in engineering and medicine.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Paul Ruffin Scarborough Associate Professor of Engineering
- Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Office Location: 2355 CIEMAS, 101 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-8408
- Web Pages:
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 2002
- M.S. University of Science and Technology of China (China), 1997
- B.S.E. Chengdu University of Science and Technology (China), 1994
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2010
- Fellowships for Science and Engineering. David and Lucile Packard Foundation. 2006
- BME 260L: Modeling Cellular and Molecular Systems
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 574: Modeling and Engineering Gene Circuits (GE, MC)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- CBB 574: Modeling and Engineering Gene Circuits (GE, MC)
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ISS 391: Bass Connections in Information Science and Culture: Independent Study Project
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- Tsoi, R; Wu, F; Zhang, C; Bewick, S; Karig, D; You, L, Metabolic division of labor in microbial systems., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 115 no. 10 (2018), pp. 2526-2531 [10.1073/pnas.1716888115] [abs].
- Marusak, KE; Krug, JR; Feng, Y; Cao, Y; You, L; Zauscher, S, Bacterially driven cadmium sulfide precipitation on porous membranes: Toward platforms for photocatalytic applications., Biointerphases: an open access journal for the biomaterials interface community, vol 13 no. 1 (2018) [10.1116/1.5008393] [abs].
- Dong, P; Zhang, C; Parker, B-T; You, L; Mathey-Prevot, B, Cyclin D/CDK4/6 activity controls G1 length in mammalian cells., PloS one, vol 13 no. 1 (2018) [10.1371/journal.pone.0185637] [abs].
- Lopatkin, AJ; Meredith, HR; Srimani, JK; Pfeiffer, C; Durrett, R; You, L, Persistence and reversal of plasmid-mediated antibiotic resistance., Nature Communications, vol 8 no. 1 (2017) [10.1038/s41467-017-01532-1] [abs].
- Cao, Y; Feng, Y; Ryser, MD; Zhu, K; Herschlag, G; Cao, C; Marusak, K; Zauscher, S; You, L, Programmable assembly of pressure sensors using pattern-forming bacteria., Nature Biotechnology, vol 35 no. 11 (2017), pp. 1087-1093 [10.1038/nbt.3978] [abs].