Paul Ruffin Scarborough Associate Professor of Engineering
Dr. You's research interest focus on computational systems biology & synthetic biology, including mathematical modeling of cellular networks; mechanisms of information processing by gene networks; design, modeling and construction of robust gene networks for applications in engineering and medicine.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Paul Ruffin Scarborough Associate Professor of Engineering
- Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Office Location: 2355 CIEMAS, 101 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-8408
- Web Pages:
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 2002
- B.S.E. Chengdu University of Science and Technology (China), 1994
- M.S. University of Science and Technology of China (China), 0199
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fellowships for Science and Engineering. David and Lucile Packard Foundation. 2006
- BME 260L: Modeling Cellular and Molecular Systems
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 574: Modeling and Engineering Gene Circuits (GE, MC)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering
- CBB 574: Modeling and Engineering Gene Circuits (GE, MC)
- EGR 391: Projects in Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
- Lopatkin, AJ; Sysoeva, TA; You, L, Dissecting the effects of antibiotics on horizontal gene transfer: Analysis suggests a critical role of selection dynamics., Bioessays, vol 38 no. 12 (2016), pp. 1283-1292 [10.1002/bies.201600133] [abs].
- Cao, Y; Lopatkin, A; You, L, Elements of biological oscillations in time and space., Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, vol 23 no. 12 (2016), pp. 1030-1034 [10.1038/nsmb.3320] [abs].
- Zhang, C; Tsoi, R; Wu, F; You, L, Processing Oscillatory Signals by Incoherent Feedforward Loops., PLoS computational biology, vol 12 no. 9 (2016) [10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005101] [abs].
- Lopatkin, AJ; Huang, S; Smith, RP; Srimani, JK; Sysoeva, TA; Bewick, S; Karig, DK; You, L, Antibiotics as a selective driver for conjugation dynamics., Nature microbiology, vol 1 no. 6 (2016) [10.1038/nmicrobiol.2016.44] [abs].
- Zhang, C; Tsoi, R; You, L, Addressing biological uncertainties in engineering gene circuits., Integrative Biology, vol 8 no. 4 (2016), pp. 456-464 [10.1039/c5ib00275c] [abs].