Michael D Lynch
Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Fellow in The Energy Initiative
- Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- M.D. University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2007
- Ph.D. University of Colorado at Boulder, 2005
Focused on genetically engineering microbes to shut off their growth circuits and turn on new pathways to produce different compounds—improving production of biofuels, pharmacological molecules and industrial chemicals.
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 703S: Engineering Management Seminar for Master of Science Students
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ISS 293: ISS Research Independent Study
- ISS 391: Bass Connections in Information Science and Culture: Independent Study Project
- ISS 795: Connections in Information, Society and Culture: Project
- Menacho-Melgar, R; Decker, JS; Hennigan, JN; Lynch, MD, A review of lipidation in the development of advanced protein and peptide therapeutics., Journal of Controlled Release : Official Journal of the Controlled Release Society, vol 295 (2019), pp. 1-12 [10.1016/j.jconrel.2018.12.032] [abs].
- Moreb, EA; Hoover, B; Yaseen, A; Valyasevi, N; Roecker, Z; Menacho-Melgar, R; Lynch, MD, Managing the SOS Response for Enhanced CRISPR-Cas-Based Recombineering in E. coli through Transient Inhibition of Host RecA Activity., Acs Synthetic Biology, vol 6 no. 12 (2017), pp. 2209-2218 [10.1021/acssynbio.7b00174] [abs].
- Burg, JM; Cooper, CB; Ye, Z; Reed, BR; Moreb, EA; Lynch, MD, Large-scale bioprocess competitiveness: the potential of dynamic metabolic control in two-stage fermentations, Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, vol 14 (2016), pp. 121-136 [10.1016/j.coche.2016.09.008] [abs].
- Lynch, MD, Into new territory: improved microbial synthesis through engineering of the essential metabolic network., Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol 38 (2016), pp. 106-111 [10.1016/j.copbio.2016.01.009] [abs].
- Lynch, MD, A rational microbial design perspective in the design build test era, Metabolic Engineering X (2014), pp. 505-528 [abs].