John earned a B.S. in neuroscience from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2016. He is a Ph.D. student in the Lynch lab.
- Email Address: email@example.com
Protein engineering for drug development, particularly in the application of lectins to leverage the critical but complex role of glycobiology in health and disease. Current focuses include HIV, Zika and metastatic cancer.
- Pratt-Gardner Graduate Fellowship, Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University
- Stavrinos, D., Mosley, P.R., Wittig, S.M., Johnson, H.D., Decker, J.S., Sisiopiku, V.P., & Welburn, S.C. (2016). Visual behavior differences in drivers across the lifespan: A digital billboard simulator study. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour 41(A):19-28.
- Decker, J.S., Stannard, S.J., McManus, B., Wittig, S.M.O., Sisiopiku, V.P., & Stavrinos, D. (2015). The impact of billboards on driver visual attention: A systematic literature review. Traffic Injury Prevention, 16(3).
- Decker, J., Aura, C., Schultz, K., & Gamlin, P.D. Conjugate eye movements to monocularly-visible and cyclopean targets. (2015, October). Poster presented at the Society for Neuroscience 2015 annual meeting. Chicago, IL.
- Domm, S., & Decker, J. “I felt a funeral in my brain”: Diagnosing Emily Dickinson and exploring art through science and medicine. (2015, March). Lecture given at the 2015 Southern Regional Honors Conference. Greenville, S.C.
- Decker, J.S., Aura, C.J., & Gamlin, P.D. (2014, November). Voluntary eye movements to cyclopean, monocularly-invisible targets. Poster presented at the 2014 National Collegiate Honors Conference. Denver, CO. Awarded 1st place in the category of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
- Decker, J.S., Clay, O.J., Stannard, S.J., McManus, B., & Stavrinos, D. (2013, April). The impact of billboards on drivers' visual attention: A systematic literature review. Poster presented at the 2013 Southern Regional Honors Conference. Louisville, KY.
- Hester, D.S., Sisiopiku, V.P., Stavrinos, D., & Decker, J.S. Roadside advertising and traffic safety. (2013, February). Poster presented at the University of Central Florida Center for Advanced Transportation Systems Simulation Symposium. Orlando, FL.
- Wittig, S., Ross, L., McManus, B., Stannard, S., Parrish, H., Walters, M., Decker, J. S., Denny, S., Robinson, E., Motamedi Lamouki, A., & Stavrinos, D. (2013, January). Distracted driving: A systematic literature review of naturalistic studies. Poster presented at the 92nd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board. Washington, DC.