Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
Experimental and theoretical research coupling physicochemical hydrodynamics with interfacial engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Dept. Mechanical Engineering, Durham, NC 27708-0300
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5343
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Stanford University, 2004
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 431L: Heat and Mass Transfer
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 538: Physicochemical Hydrodynamics
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Wiedenheft, KF; Guo, HA; Qu, X; Boreyko, JB; Liu, F; Zhang, K; Eid, F; Choudhury, A; Li, Z; Chen, C-H, Hotspot cooling with jumping-drop vapor chambers, Applied Physics Letters, vol 110 no. 14 (2017), pp. 141601-141601 [10.1063/1.4979477] [abs].
- Chavez, RL; Liu, F; Feng, JJ; Chen, C-H, Capillary-inertial colloidal catapults upon drop coalescence., Applied Physics Letters, vol 109 no. 1 (2016) [10.1063/1.4955085] [abs].
- Zhang, K; Liu, F; Williams, AJ; Qu, X; Feng, JJ; Chen, C-H, Self-Propelled Droplet Removal from Hydrophobic Fiber-Based Coalescers., Physical Review Letters, vol 115 no. 7 (2015) [10.1103/physrevlett.115.074502] [abs].
- Qu, X; Boreyko, JB; Liu, F; Agapov, RL; Lavrik, NV; Retterer, ST; Feng, JJ; Collier, CP; Chen, C-H, Self-propelled sweeping removal of dropwise condensate, Applied Physics Letters, vol 106 no. 22 (2015), pp. 221601-221601 [10.1063/1.4921923] [abs].
- Liu, F; Chen, C-H, Electrohydrodynamic cone-jet bridges: Stability diagram and operating modes, Journal of Electrostatics, vol 72 no. 4 (2014), pp. 330-335 [10.1016/j.elstat.2014.05.004] [abs].