Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
Experimental and theoretical research coupling physicochemical hydrodynamics with interfacial engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
- Director of Masters Program in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Dept. Mechanical Engineering, Durham, NC 27708-0300
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5343
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Stanford University, 2004
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2009
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 431L: Heat and Mass Transfer
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 538: Physicochemical Hydrodynamics
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 631: Intermediate Fluid Mechanics
- ME 701: Capillarity & Wetting
- ME 758S: Curricular Practical Training
- MENG 550: Master of Engineering Internship/Project
- MENG 551: Master of Engineering Internship/Project Assessment
- Guo, HA; Wiedenheft, KF; Chen, C-H, Hotspot Size Effect on Conductive Heat Spreading, IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol 7 no. 9 (2017), pp. 1459-1464 [10.1109/TCPMT.2017.2704419] [abs].
- Liu, F; Chavez, RL; Patek, SN; Pringle, A; Feng, JJ; Chen, C-H, Asymmetric drop coalescence launches fungal ballistospores with directionality., Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol 14 no. 132 (2017) [10.1098/rsif.2017.0083] [abs].
- Wiedenheft, KF; Guo, HA; Qu, X; Boreyko, JB; Liu, F; Zhang, K; Eid, F; Choudhury, A; Li, Z; Chen, C-H, Hotspot cooling with jumping-drop vapor chambers, Applied Physics Letters, vol 110 no. 14 (2017), pp. 141601-141601 [10.1063/1.4979477] [abs].
- Chavez, RL; Liu, F; Feng, JJ; Chen, C-H, Capillary-inertial colloidal catapults upon drop coalescence., Applied Physics Letters, vol 109 no. 1 (2016) [10.1063/1.4955085] [abs].
- Zhang, K; Liu, F; Williams, AJ; Qu, X; Feng, JJ; Chen, C-H, Self-Propelled Droplet Removal from Hydrophobic Fiber-Based Coalescers., Physical Review Letters, vol 115 no. 7 (2015) [10.1103/physrevlett.115.074502] [abs].