Professor in Surgery
Synthetic Virology & Gene Therapy
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Surgery
- Director of Gene Therapy
- Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Affiliate of the Regeneration Next Initiative
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2004
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- Madigan, VJ; Tyson, TO; Yuziuk, JA; Pillai, M; Moller-Tank, S; Asokan, A, A CRISPR Screen Identifies the Cell Polarity Determinant Crumbs 3 as an Adeno-associated Virus Restriction Factor in Hepatocytes., J Virol, vol 93 no. 21 (2019) [10.1128/JVI.00943-19] [abs].
- Abdulhaqq, SA; Wu, H; Schell, JB; Hammond, KB; Reed, JS; Legasse, AW; Axthelm, MK; Park, BS; Asokan, A; Früh, K; Hansen, SG; Picker, LJ; Sacha, JB, Vaccine-Mediated Inhibition of the Transporter Associated with Antigen Processing Is Insufficient To Induce Major Histocompatibility Complex E-Restricted CD8+ T Cells in Nonhuman Primates., J Virol, vol 93 no. 19 (2019) [10.1128/JVI.00592-19] [abs].
- Asokan, A, CRISPR genome editing in stem cells turns to gold., Nature Materials, vol 18 no. 10 (2019), pp. 1038-1039 [10.1038/s41563-019-0491-4] [abs].
- Madigan, VJ; Yuziuk, JA; Chiarella, AM; Tyson, TO; Meganck, RM; Elmore, ZC; Tse, LV; Hathaway, NA; Asokan, A, Ring finger protein 121 is a potent regulator of adeno-associated viral genome transcription., Plos Pathog, vol 15 no. 8 (2019) [10.1371/journal.ppat.1007988] [abs].
- Albright, BH; Simon, KE; Pillai, M; Devlin, GW; Asokan, A, Modulation of Sialic Acid Dependence Influences the Central Nervous System Transduction Profile of Adeno-associated Viruses., J Virol, vol 93 no. 11 (2019) [10.1128/JVI.00332-19] [abs].