Professor in Surgery
Synthetic Virology & Gene Therapy
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Surgery
- Director of Gene Therapy
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2004
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
In the News
- Gene Therapy for Heart Attacks in Mice Just Got More Precise (Dec 13, 2022)
- Smith, TJ; Fusco, RM; Elmore, ZC; Asokan, A, Interplay between Furin and Sialoglycans in Modulating Adeno-Associated Viral Cell Entry., J Virol (2023) [10.1128/jvi.00093-23] [abs].
- Barzi, M; Johnson, CG; Chen, T; Rodriguiz, RM; Hemmingsen, M; Gonzalez, TJ; Rosales, A; Beasley, J; Peck, CK; Ma, Y; Stiles, AR; Wood, TC; Maeso-Diaz, R; Diehl, AM; Young, SP; Everitt, JI; Wetsel, WC; Lagor, WR; Bissig-Choisat, B; Asokan, A; El-Gharbawy, A; Bissig, K-D, Rescue of glutaric aciduria type I in mice by liver-directed therapies., Sci Transl Med, vol 15 no. 692 (2023) [10.1126/scitranslmed.adf4086] [abs].
- Nyberg, WA; Ark, J; To, A; Clouden, S; Reeder, G; Muldoon, JJ; Chung, J-Y; Xie, WH; Allain, V; Steinhart, Z; Chang, C; Talbot, A; Kim, S; Rosales, A; Havlik, LP; Pimentel, H; Asokan, A; Eyquem, J, An evolved AAV variant enables efficient genetic engineering of murine T cells., Cell, vol 186 no. 2 (2023), pp. 446-460.e19 [10.1016/j.cell.2022.12.022] [abs].
- Yan, R; Cigliola, V; Oonk, KA; Petrover, Z; DeLuca, S; Wolfson, DW; Vekstein, A; Mendiola, MA; Devlin, G; Bishawi, M; Gemberling, MP; Sinha, T; Sargent, MA; York, AJ; Shakked, A; DeBenedittis, P; Wendell, DC; Ou, J; Kang, J; Goldman, JA; Baht, GS; Karra, R; Williams, AR; Bowles, DE; Asokan, A; Tzahor, E; Gersbach, CA; Molkentin, JD; Bursac, N; Black, BL; Poss, KD, An enhancer-based gene-therapy strategy for spatiotemporal control of cargoes during tissue repair., Cell Stem Cell, vol 30 no. 1 (2023), pp. 96-111.e6 [10.1016/j.stem.2022.11.012] [abs].
- Konkimalla, A; Konishi, S; Kobayashi, Y; Kadur Lakshminarasimha Murthy, P; Macadlo, L; Mukherjee, A; Elmore, Z; Kim, S-J; Pendergast, AM; Lee, PJ; Asokan, A; Knudsen, L; Bravo-Cordero, JJ; Tata, A; Tata, PR, Multi-apical polarity of alveolar stem cells and their dynamics during lung development and regeneration., Iscience, vol 25 no. 10 (2022) [10.1016/j.isci.2022.105114] [abs].